AWS Lead Cloud Engineer
Role: AWS Cloud Engineer
Clearance: Basic Clearance
Rate: Competitive Daily Rate
This is a great opportunity for an experienced AWS cloud engineer to join a growing, multi-skilled team supporting a range of customers with complex IT projects. You will be familiar with DevOps culture and with working in multi-skilled self-forming teams using Agile methodologies.
Your skills and knowledge will be used to implement AWS solutions to support our customers, determining the right technical solutions to meet their needs. In addition to your significant experience, you will have demonstrated your skills by achieving the relevant certifications. This role will require working with a variety of stakeholders, including clients and you should be able to easily translate complex technical and business topics to match the audience.
This is a great opportunity to join a company that can provide opportunities for future career growth.
- Be an active participant in Agile teams by contribute to the development and estimation of stories based on product epics
- Take part in grooming, planning, stand-ups, demonstrations and retrospective ceremonies
- Ensure creative, well organized, readable and tested code is delivered within the constraints of continuous integration and delivery environments.
- Create relevant playbooks and run books as part of any build and run documentation
- Deliver well defined, reusable infrastructure code for pipeline orchestration and automation and scripting to build dynamic cloud infrastructure components
- Use of automated tests to validate code and reduce defects including writing and establishing these tests. This include functional and non-functional testing for major releases
- Carry out quality assurance with peers on code submissions, merge requests and solution architecture documentation
- Maximise performance through establishing effective monitoring. Participate in the restoration of services during a live incident. Post incident, identifying root causes and preventative measures
- Handle daily activities such as requests, incidents and housekeeping tasks etc
Skills – Essential
- Must be experienced in large scale data migration programmes
- Experience of developing and operating cloud environments
- Experienced in using DevOps technologies, Red Hat enterprise Linux 7, Bash/shell scripting, Python, Ruby, Perl, Datadog
- Hold 3 associate and 1 professional certification for a senior engineer, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux certification.
- Good knowledge of AWS Native development, IaaS, continuous integration and development pipeline
- Good use and understanding of tooling including Chef, Git, Jenkins, Terraform, Nexus, JIRA, Cloudwatch + logs etc
- Knowledge of architecture, development and operation of critical systems within a DevOps environment
- Analytical and root cause analysis skills
- Able to work using Agile methodologies including using Kanban and Scrum
This role may require travel to client sites or offices. Travel varies depending on assignment and candidates should be prepared to work away from their home location for periods of time.
If this specific vacancy is not exactly what you are looking for please contact us to discuss other opportunities we may be recruiting for that aren’t necessarily advertised; you can send your CV to this vacancy or contact us directly. Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a new career.