Role: Assistant Finance Business Partner
Client: west of england combined authority
Salary: £37k – £45k
The West of England Combined Authority is seeking to appoint two Assistant Finance Business Partners supporting our Infrastructure directorate, to join the Finance team. This role will be supporting the delivery of the Metro Mayoral priorities by making sure financial resources are in place. Your key responsibilities in this role would be:
- Under supervision of the Finance Business Partner, monitor income, expenditure, and outturn predictions, identifying and communicating unexpected budget variances, budget volatility and monitoring the validity of budget management decisions against accountancy rules and regulations.
- Assist in the creation and production of the monthly management accounts pack within agreed timescales as set out within the team’s objectives.
- Assist the Finance Business Partner in the production of budgets and revised forecasts for the Combined Authority.
- Liaise with budget managers on a monthly basis to establish the cause of budget or forecast variances when comparing to actual results.
- Effectively handle queries from key budget managers, and proactively help them to manage costs in their areas of the business through business partnering.
Are you someone who has experience providing financial support in a dynamic and complex organisation, previous experience of preparing budgets and budget monitoring and ultimately always focuses on delivery?
If this sounds like your next role, please click on the apply button below and tell us why you would be a great fit for this role. Please see the job description below for more information.