Stoke on Trent
Role: Assistant Director Planning, Regeneration And Transport
Duration: 6 Nov 2023 – 31 March 2024 (initially)
Day Rate: up to £800 per day DOE
Local Government experience would be highly beneficial
This post leads the following activities:
- Planning and Transportation Services
- Sustainability & Green Infrastructure
- Housing Development
- Lead the City Council’s input into major physical regeneration and place making programmes, including the Levelling Up programme.
- Leading key developments and investments to deliver a financial and social return on investment for the Council
- Leading the design and delivery of housing development plans to facilitate a balanced housing stock that provides choice, quality and affordability.
- Supporting the development of Fortior, our housing investment vehicle for market housing
- Development of key strategic sites and locations including master planning and securing investment and funding
- Coordinating the physical regeneration and investment in our towns and city centre
- Delivery of Planning Services, both Development Management and Planning Policy, including production of the Local Plan
- Delivery of waste recycling and disposal infrastructure.
- Promoting quality urban design and facilitation protection and renewal of our heritage assets.
- Delivery of Sustainable and Green Infrastructure.
- Delivery of the relevant parts of the approved Capital Programme