We are working a global giant of a business in the Automotive and Industrial consumables sector, as they look to employ an Area Sales Manager.
The business is the world market leader in its core business of assembly and fastening materials. It currently consists of more than 350 companies in over 70 countries with more than 60,000 employees on its payroll. Approximately 30,000 of these are permanently employed sales representatives. In recent years the business generate typically total sales in excess of EUR 8 billion.
As an Area Sales Manager you will earn a competitive salary with generous bonuses on offer and be given full-training, support and tools required to continue a successful career. Salary base circa 33k-37k plus bonus to circa 50k plus car package, plus benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To lead and direct a Geographical Sales Area/Team within the Sales Channel around Kent, Surrey and surrounding areas.
- To lead a team selling into car garages, bodyshops, and other businesses – selling automotive components, tools and accessories.
- To lead and manage a divisional team of up to 10 Field Sales Consultants in achieving their monthly sales, gross profit and other relevant KPI targets set by the Company.
- Control customer fluctuation and maintain a positive overall customer balance in the team
- Train, motivate and develop the team and the individuals therein through regular workouts (minimum of 70% field time), monthly one-to-one talks and regular team meetings.
- Identify and develop talent and up-and-coming staff within the team
The ideal candidate will have experience managing sales teams, strong consultative sales skills, integrity & a strong work ethic – in addition the following skills may be beneficial but not essential;
- Proven Track Record in Direct Sales
- Proven Track record of managing people
- Experience in the Auto industry
- Full UK Driving License
- A competitive basic salary & bonus
- Fully expensed company car with upgrade after 3 years
- Tablet, Phone and various incentives, including overseas trips
- Working week of Monday-Friday with weekends and bank holidays off
If this sounds like you and you would like to build a career with a modern, progressive company with an eye on the future, apply for this position ASAP. Be a part of the success story; work in a positive environment alongside a multi-national team, and fast track your sales career.